The Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care (SSWLHC) is a national association dedicated to promoting the universal availability, accessibility, coordination, and effectiveness of health care while addressing the psychosocial components of health and illness. This website serves the Washington State chapter of SSWLHC.
We model and promote excellence in social work leadership in health care. It is our mission to lead, promote, develop, and support social work values, practice, and leadership in health care.
Our members work in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health, home care and other medical settings in Washington State. We hope you will consider joining us.
Our goals include:
- Assuring the best social work leadership in health care systems
- Incorporating the core values of social work into the health care environment
- Fostering and maintaining the best social work practice
- Promoting standards and ethics for the delivery of social work in health care
Our member’s value:
- Self-determination: in making informed decisions.
- Access: to necessary and optimal health services the quality of life.
- Diversity: by respecting multiple value systems.
- Collaboration: with individuals, professions, and organizations to achieve common goals.
- Integrity: in our professional practice.
- Leadership: in achieving professional, organizational and community goals.
Please Thank Our March 2017 Conference Sponsors!
The chapter is grateful for the major sponsors of our Annual Educational Conference 3/16/2017. Their support will allow us to offer scholarships to second-year MSWs in 2017.